Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Tuesday, Sep. 29, 2009






The home internet has been messed up since I’ve been here, but today the schools internet kicked me off after about 25 minutes and I could not get back on. So, I am writing today and posting some photos as well. Clemente is my “Maestro” or teacher. The other photos are of the garden, where the open air class rooms are.
My toilet seat was broken when I got here, so I bought a new one and replaced it, very cheap. Evidently, you are not supposed to put anything in the toilet, including the used toilet paper. However, I did not know it and, incidentally, stopped up my toilet. So, I bought a plunger and fixed that problem. Not my most shining moment in life…
That is what I did in the afternoon after class. I returned for “conversation club” and when that was finished we watched a very sad movie, in Spanish with English sub-titles, about the Guatemalan civil war.
The small yellow building is the bathroom (rooms) for the school. Attahced to the side is the wash room where all of the dishes, utensils, & towels are washed.

No comments:

Post a Comment