Thursday, October 8, 2009

Thursday, Oct. 8, 2009




Today will be my last afternoon at the school. This will by last update from the school. I may be able to get one more in at the hotel tomorrow evening or the airport on Saturday, plus I will post a "after thoughts" when I get home.
At 5:15 is "conversation club" until 6. Then it is salsa lessons one last time. My bags are packed and ready to go. Tomorrow will be a short class because of the "graduation" for the students leaving and little local food as well. I will try to get as much information as possible before I have to quit.
This is the family that I have spent the last week with. Felix is a school teacher and Fransisca owns a "tienda" (corner store). The 2 older girls Judith & Rebecca help with the store and the youngest Fransisca (also) is still in school, although school here is about to let for their summer break. Felix is the tallest, but hardly reaches my chest. I don't think he is 5' tall and rest is shorter than him. These heights are common in Guatemala, very short.

No comments:

Post a Comment